Thursday, November 18, 2010

The perfect "non" relationship

I made a sly comment on my previous brief blog about having met someone special. I thought I should elaborate on that, as I realise that was the equivalent of a blog "hit and run"!

As you all know I have been waiting a very very long time to meet a special person. Someone who is, not necessarily perfect, but perfect for me.

So... he has finally come along. And to my complete surprise and delight, he is not at all interested in a traditional relationship, much in the same way that I am not, but compeletely understands intimacy (emotional as well as...), mutual respect and support.

I once wrote about this on a former blog, which detailed my search for something real and meaningful, which didn't necessarily mean living in someone else's pockets 24/7. It spoke of my longing to meet someone who understood that we could both maintain separate, independent lives, but also have a close emotional bond built through mutual respect and interdependence.

And so it seems that this friendship has developed into something resembling my fantasy! Here is my Renaissance man (if he took it into his head to built a rocket and fly to the moon I have no doubts that he would), and he completely secure in himself to allow me to be myself, to be fabulous without worrying it will take something from him, to allow me to continue my scarily busy lifestyle I have become accustomed to without guilt, and come together when we both have chances in our schedules which we both agree feels like magic in every way.

And yet, neither of us feels the need to obsess, dominate or grasp at each other like there is no such thing as tomorrow. We text and call when we get the chance during our busy days. We catch up when we can. We sometimes take turns "staying over", but return to our very comfortable and happily separate residences when we have filled up with the happiness cup in each others' company.

I am looking forward to doing all the things we have talked about together. I am looking forward to the future again, which is amazing.

I thank the universe for delivering a wonderful partnership, or "match of equals", to me after such a long wait and after so many prayers.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and was expecting a twist like that it was a cat, or a bottle of wine, or something. But no twist came. And that made the payoff so much better, because it wasn't a joke or a play on words or anything; it was about a real person, and it made me all warm and fuzzy that you're happy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess, I am intensely happy :) We both seem to "get" it :)

    ReplyDelete