Tuesday, September 21, 2010

25 Things You May Not Know About Me

Here is something just to whet your appetite for those of you who have rushed up to the front of the class, your backs straight, eyes gleaming and bright with anticipation, all facing forward with your complete attention on "Miss" up the front.... all the while "Miss" is looking more and more nervous as she actually has accumulated a larger audience than anticipated and didn't plan this far in advance other than vague blog ideas in her head to hit the ground running with in two days time.

So... here's something for all you eager squirrels (I would have used an animal that rhymes with "eager" but I'm not set to "private" yet... and wouldn't want the politesse police parolling my puns with the purpose of proposing perdition upon my person...)

It's a little old, copied and pasted straight from a Facebook survey I did over 18 months ago. Some points are changed to reflect updated attitudes.

25 Things You May Not Know About Me - February 2, 2009

1. I think karma takes care of a lot so I tend not to worry about what other people are doing. I try to look at each challenge or unpleasant experience as a lesson, and I believe forgiveness is the key to happiness.

2. I still struggle with the above.

3. I have always been a passionate participant in social-based networking websites, the first one that I joined was H2G2, a site that was co-created by the legendary Douglas Adams. It was based loosely from the concept of his “Guide” from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series.

4. I used to be a confirmed adventure gamer, with addictions to Myst, Riven, Starship Titanic and Infocom text-based games like Zork.

5. I have lived in Sydney all my life, but have travelled quite a fair bit, courtesy of my previous jobs that sent me globetrotting. My favourite city is Paris.

6. I’m actually quite shy. No really, I am! Why are you looking at me like that?

7. I believe in all forms of God, Buddha, Yaweh, Allah, but don’t follow a particular flavour of religion.

8. I’ve been a bridesmaid twice.

9. I love all forms of the colour red, including the pinks down at the “girlier” end of the scale. Red to me represents life, blood, passion, security, drive and love.

10. I often walk along in my own little dream world. I can often block out everyone when I’m spaced out. If I’ve appeared to have ignored you and you think I’ve snubbed you, please forgive me!

11. I love all kinds of people who could be considered “quirky”. I love people who exude passion for what they do, believe in, talk about, etc.

12. I like to entertain people. When people around me are laughing or smiling, I feel good.

13. I always said I wanted to be a doctor when I was little. I’m not sure why.

14. One thing I can say about my life is that it hasn’t been dull! Last year I went a little overboard on the activities but I had both energy and time to kill again, so decided to get it all done! This year, I’m just focusing on just a few things Please note, I didn't focus on just a few things, I still killed myself with activities. I can't say I have learned how to stop this trend in 2010, either...

15. My worst fear: missing out

16. One of my wishes as a kid was to read all the books in the world. I wish they’d stop publishing, as it’s hard to keep up!

17. I wish I were more patient. With situations, others, and more importantly, myself.

18. I am a complete techno geek deep down, but seem to break my computers and gadgets on a regular basis!

19. I agree with Paulo Coehlo, that when you truly want something, the universe conspires to help you achieve it.

20. I love all food, wine, and song. I am a passionate adherent to the pleasure principle. Hence, my focus this year on health and fitness Again, this always seems to be a focus... I wonder when I will feel like I have actually accomplished something in this area

21. I belong to an awesome family, who I unfortunately don’t get to see much of these days. This, I have to say, has changed somewhat *large grin*

22. I very often get the feeling that I have no idea what on earth I am doing.

23. I do not like dating one iota, it always seems contrived to me. When I fall in love, I’m “all-in” and THEN some, so I get rather disillusioned when that isn’t returned and tend to go back to my cave for quite a while. oh this is going to be fun...

24. I realise the last point is not a sign of a balanced personality. But hey, I never promised balance, just because I am a Libran .

25. I prefer hot weather to cold

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely not a one dimensional personality ,after reading this I feel like I have seen more of the wonderful person that I have only met once. I do hope that our paths cross sooner rather than later.
    Bretts friend Sammi

    (I did leave a differant comment but it didnt make the cut LOL , I hope this one is acceptable ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for re-posting your comment, Sammi, it's entirely my inability to manage the new blog comment settings that I managed to delete the other one, not approve it!!!

    mea culpa :)

    ReplyDelete