Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day trippin'

No post yesterday as I was TOO BLOODY BUSY HAVING A GREAT DAY!

Early morning start for a day trip out to the Blue Mountains. I considered it a privilege having an excuse to take my day off on a random Tuesday and be the one who shows off our fair assets to the west of our city to a visitor from the UK.

We had a wonderful day exploring the Everglades Gardens at Leura, where I took every opportunity to try out my new-found knowledge on the DSLR camera. It was a blast. We feasted upon Devonshire Tea (scones with jam, clotted cream and tea - diet be damned for a day!). And drank in the wonderful sunshine.



Next stop was Katoomba for the obligatory look at the 3 Sisters. I regaled my guest with the mythological origins of the story behind the rock formation, and we took a short hike out to Honeymoon Bridge, defying the steep stone stairs that were built by the Ranger Jim McKay back in god-knows-when! (EDIT: It was started in 1914, then had a break as the project was deemed too expensive - full story here )



We then did a little tourist inspired window shopping on the main street of Leura, which was delightful in itself. Just some of the wares I spotted on our travels are on my Instagram account.

When we finally got home in the evening, I then trotted off to my photography class to learn how to do night photography. We had a great time playing around with street lights, long exposures and painting with light. I'm going to have a lot of fun this week trying out the new skills!




No comments:

Post a Comment