Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spring cleaning my mind

It occurred to me this week as I seriously geared up my training several notches, that I need a spring clean of my attitude.

I CAN do this.

I have done it before.

I needn't worry that I am not fit enough, because I AM doing it. Right now! I am training 6 times per week, I have a trainer who pushes me 3 times per week, and I do classes where I get pushed even further than I have before.

I have dragged myself to the pool on a wintry cold morning and done my 20 laps. I've already DONE it, so what is stopping me from continuing to do it?

I have a BHSG (big hairy scary goal) in front of me, but I know I can do it, if I just keep putting one foot in front of the other each day, and focus on that day, not the entire 9 weeks ahead of me.

I will be writing up my BHSG on a piece of paper with a picture of how I will look at the end of it (if I can find one of me at the weight I am aiming for...)

I will also be putting up the prize of $5,000 that my gym has on offer for the national winner of the challenge. If the prize of looking and feeling better doesn't motivate me some mornings, I am sure that big ol' bag of money will.....

(Sad, but true)

So..... deep breath (smells the metaphorical jasmine scent in the Spring air)..... let's totally smash this sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment