Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Synchronicity. I can haz.

Sometimes I wonder whether I have super powers.

The power of "putting a thought out there" then getting instant results never ceases to amaze me. My friends have often observed that as soon as I make a decision, something immediately happens as a result (seemingly not of my doing). I call this synchronicity.

It has been happening more frequently lately, and I do wonder whether this is the result of having cleared so much of my path to being on the road to who I truly need to be? That maybe my questioning over the last week has been nothing but worry-worting (as I am wont to do...)

Some examples of synchronicity in action for me:
  • About a month ago, I started thinking about getting out of Sydney and visiting the Blue Mountains. I started searching for affordable weekend getaways, and that day my best friend from school days emailed me asking whether I'd like to do a city-Leura house swap with them.
  • Last week I had a mini meltdown and started thinking about who to call for support. My sister? My mum? That night, mum called me and I had a little cry on her shoulder.
  • On Monday I started thinking it was about time I began looking for contract work, as things have not been moving forward for me on the property sales front, and the very next day I started getting help and support in moving towards that path.
  • On Monday I found myself thinking about the last guy I dated, and for the first time since calling things off looked him up, but did nothing more about it. That night he called, having mis-dialled but told me he thought "what the hell, let's have a chat", and we did chat. And a lot of issues appear to have been resolved. And we are catching up for coffee.
  • Today I started thinking it's time I begin interviewing real estate agents, as I have just agreed on a date to move back to the family home. Just then, an agent I left a message with on Monday called me. Almost to the minute I resolved "it's time to move forward on this".

So, it is interesting to note, not that things are moving forward as a whole, but that the moment I decide to take action on a stepping stone, a pathway is cleared immediately for me to move in that direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment