Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dreams. You gotta have em

Phew!

I had to shut down my blog for a few days. I don't like it when I get melancholy with my blog, and I can recognise when it stops being an effective mood enhancer, and just becomes a venting ground. So I hired a whole bunch of DVDs and lost myself in other fantasy worlds.

I have been thinking about what I get pleasure from in life and imagining it to be true and playing little games with myself with visualisations. It has really helped!

Some of my little moments I dreamed up included:

  • setting myself up in a little studio apartment in New York with lovely sunny outlook and a cosy nook to read and write
  • meeting someone deliciously lovely who loves the kinds of things I love doing, walking around nowhere in particular, coffee, chilling, talking about nonsense, laughing and enjoying the small delicious strawberry-flavoured moments of life together
  • writing a novel and seeing it in hardcover in a bookstore
  • writing a screenplay and watching it come to life on film
  • wearing a red floral belt-waisted dress, having my hair styled in a gorgeous 50s wave, with  matching blood red lips and nailpolish (anyone recognise a Mad Men moment there?)
  • going on a holiday to a remote beach with my sweetheart, walking along the beach and feeling the sand and water beneath our feet
  • making a scrumptious feast for friends hosted at a country cottage surrounded by lush green grass, butterflies and birdsong
Are all these things likely to happen? Some are very probable. Others... well let's wait and see. But it did cheer me up immensely to think about them in technocolour fantasy dreamworld!

1 comment: