Saturday, June 4, 2011

More thoughts.... such a bleak night, tonight

I'd like to think this long long period of being on my own is good for me. I'd like to believe it's bringing me greater self-awareness and hence a greater ability to love myself, and therefore building within me the ability to give my love to another in a more complete way than I have in the past.

I'd like to think this is true, and that I will meet the "one" for me someday. But right now, it's so difficult to keep the faith.

Right now, I think that is all bollocks. Right now I think this period of being single is forcing me deeper into myself and into a kind of introspective madness. I really have a horrible feeling that I will be alone for the rest of my life, and will shrivel up when my prime has well and truly passed. In my head I can fight with logic that this is not the case. But my emotions are far more powerful than my intellect at the moment.

I feel so terribly alone and lonely tonight. As Carrie from Sex and the City once said "The loneliness is palpable."

No comments:

Post a Comment