Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Working to live, no longer living to work

I have a confession to make. I am a recovering workaholic. No sooner had I attained one goal, than another took its place, like weeds in an untended garden. I rarely stopped to smell the roses.... well how could I when they were choked by the rambling debris of discarded achievements, barely tended to?

I made a dramatic decision earlier this year, and left my well-paid, secure, high-level executive position at a large media and content marketing organisation. I took 6 weeks off to do absolutely nothing. Then I took a deep breath and put myself out there.

It has paid off in spades, almost immediately. And I'm not just talking financially. I have never been happier, and more effortlessly chilled. My emotional wellbeing is at an all-time high.

The best part is, I'm still really really busy (I only have one speed, or I get bored).

Plus I get time to do all the really cool things I have been putting off for a long time, like photography courses, and writing my second book, a screenplay, and hanging out with amazingly lovely people.

I am grateful for my work ethic, but I have let go of what no longer serves me - the addiction to my job.




No comments:

Post a Comment