Thursday, January 12, 2012

Focusing on the positive

I just dipped into an online newspaper, something I used to do a lot of. Not so much anymore, and I realise why.

The headlines are universally depressing. A homeless woman found dead up a tree, shootings in Sydney, body dis-morphia, rising rates of depression in youth, people protesting same-sex anything, immigrants, refugees, kids killing kids, suicide threat of XBox workers in Japan, divorce, relationship breakdowns, celebrity marriages and breakups, credit card debt..... crap crap crap... the list goes on!

I want to truly connect with my inner peace on a daily basis this year. I think I will ditch reading "news" and focus on the good sources of inspiration and joy. I read The Daily Love every day now, an inspiring blog about the journey into your own spirit. I also get daily digests from The Daily Om, another inspiring site that always seems relevant to my life.

In the spirit of not pursuing anything to do with romantic relationships this year, I have unsubscribed from anything to do with "singles, dating and partnerships" and I have vowed to stop reading SMH relationship blogs and Life&Style section which usually leave me feeling more confused and lost than before.

If you have a daily dose of inspiration that you would like to share, please leave a link in the comments. I'd love to build up my repertoire of wholesome, nurturing go-to places for when I need a soul boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment