Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Self-love and finances

In keeping with my NY Resolution, this year I am looking for the love in every day. How I can show it, or feel it.

Today I showed myself love by deleting someone's contact details from my phone and backups that had become an obsession for me. This relationship** has been costing me a lot both financially and emotionally and what started out bringing clarity to my life has ended up being a source of confusion and doubt.

Time to go. I have finally let go of this crutch, and although it's scary, I have found deeper strength and faith in my own counsel.

Lesson for the day: what will be, will be. Don't push it, don't seek answers when you already have them, and learn to trust that inner voice that says "you already know".

**UPDATE: I've had people ask a few times, so I will clarify. No, this was not a romantic relationship. It was someone I got counselling/advice from. Sometimes you just need to trust in your own inner wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment