Monday, February 27, 2012

When I Grow Up...

When I Grow Up, I want to be:

1. A doctor
2. A writer
3. Independent

I have (sort of) accomplished these things.

I completed my Cert IV in kinesiology, which is not allopathic by any stretch of the imagination, it's an energetic modality. For those who hate the words "energetic" and "modality" I was once one your kind. Until I experienced the benefits myself from an extreme place of depression, anxiety and general poor health and stress levels. I learned an incredible amount about the human body from a physical perspective, and also the psychology and emotional attachments we place on events in our lives, that have a direct effect on our health and wellbeing, as well as our ability to recover from stress.

I have been a journalist, and a published IT market analyst. But I've not (yet) been published as an author of a piece of work I could call my very own. I'm working on that right now, and there are a whole lot of ideas that have been crowding my brain for decades that are now pushing their way out of my mind and through my typing fingers. I am on a pretty big ride at the moment, writing about a pretty intense part of my life. I have been told I'm a good writer, and that people are now hooked on each installment. This gives me a lot of hope and is spurring me to keep going. I think I've always been a writer. In denial.

I also have a sneaking suspicion this book could help people in a very real way, which is inspiring my sense of purpose and meaning in my life. Something I've felt to be missing for a very long time.

I am not independent at the moment in the sense that I live with my family. However, I am free of any relationship dramas. I am free of any non-relationship bullshit. And I'm independently seeking my way back to my authentic self. The self that I happen to know rocks pretty hard. One day I'll spread my wings and fly the coop again, and I look forward to regaining total independence once more.

This is me.

All growed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment